As summer comes to a close, Bentonville agencies in the PR and media world experience a surge of projects. The holidays are approaching and budgets need to be allocated, so there are a slew deals being signed. Are you finding yourself grinding with no end in sight?
It’s important to give yourself time regularly to recharge so that burn-out does not become your career demise. I have formulated five tips to keep yourself centered.
- Meal prep. This has been an absolute game changer in my professional career. I know what some of you are probably thinking…no time for meal prep! Well, YOU HAVE TO EAT! And your brain functions that much better when you feed it proper nutrients. If you can take 2 hours (even 1 if you are in a pinch) on Sunday to put together some lunches at the least for the week, you are set-up for success. Bonus…soft or hard boiled eggs, peeled and placed in a container make an awesome quick breakfast.
- 20-30 minutes of exercise daily. Mix it up with different activities…spin, yoga, biking, HIIT, Crossfit. Do what you like the best, the important thing is that you’re moving. Even if it’s a 20 minute walk during your lunch break. Make it happen. Your brain and body will thank you!
- Make time for people that strengthen you. It could be a best friend, it could be a significant other or your mom/dad. Make time to hang out or at least give them a call weekly. We can get so caught up in the hustle, it’s important to remember the most important thing in life: your tribe.
- Get your sleep. Everybody is different and there is a tiny percentage of people that don’t seem to need much sleep. However research shows 6-8 hours every night is necessary to withstand healthy lifestyles. If you can, switch your phone to airplane during those hours…you will thank me.
- Set weekly goals and when you reach them, reward yourself. Yoga class? Glass of wine? How about both? Life is too short to not throw yourself a bone for your hard work!
When the going gets tough in the Bentonville agency life, keep these 5 tips in mind.
Overwhelmed with a project? We can help!