4media group is a fast-growing integrated communications agency offering specialist expertise in broadcast, digital and traditional public relations, plus market research and shopper solutions. We are seeking a senior-level media relations department head with particular expertise in television and radio. Familiarity with tactics such as Satellite Media Tours, Radio Media Tours, Audio News Releases, B-roll Packages and Public Service Announcements is important.
- Advise clients and account team members on media strategy for client campaigns
- Writing of media alerts, emails pitches, press releases and other media-facing documents
- Execute media strategy utilizing in-house media relations team, plus freelancers, when necessary
- Manage all department workflows from media strategy ideation through usage reporting
- Manage media relations staff and freelancers
- Ability to jump in and pitch alongside the team
- Understand what success is for each client’s project and maintain high standards in media bookings
- Create project budgets and manage against assigned budgets
- Manage Media Monitoring and Reporting personnel
- Work alongside Production Dept and Sales Dept. team members to ensure seamless execution of client projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or similar area of study.
- 5+ years in a media relations role at an agency, in-house or freelance
- Ability to develop stories, pitches and headlines that appeal to journalists, reporters and news directors
- Experience working directly with clients
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Staff management and team building experience
- Proficiency with media databases (Cision, Meltwater, etc.) is important.
- Knowledge of media measurement and monitoring platforms (Nielsen, TV Eyes, Cision, Critical Mention, Alexa, etc.) is valuable.
- Knowledge of paid media opportunities is valuable.
- Proficiency in Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in news, cultural trends, social media, traditional media and broadcast media
- Must have a client service attitude and mindset for work prioritization and issue resolution.
- Self-starter, high energy, take charge personality
- Maintain flexibility in the face of dynamic and challenging client and media environments
- Experience with Salesforce, Basecamp and/or other CRM platforms is valuable.
If you are interested in this role, please send a resume and cover letter to Judy.Biggs@4media-group.com with the subject line “SVP-Media Relations application”.